Gabriel has been moving a lot lately. Its comforting.
Last week when we went to check his heart beat, the doctor, right away said, "Yep, there's his little heart beating away and his limbs are moving all over the place too." Gabriel is such a mover; its great. I don't remember Maylee moving hardly at all, so since I get such a short time with Gabriel its so nice to be reminded often that he is there. :-)
Yesterday was my birthday. It was good. A lot of people remembered and sent me wishes. My assistant coaches both brought me gifts to practice. Such sweeties!
Ironically, the Athletic Department had a birthday bash yesterday for all the February Birthdays and a pot-luck. It was fun. A lot of people asked about my pregnancy. I was caught off guard because I assumed that the "rumor" had already been passed around, but I guess not, so I sent out "My Story" to several of them.
Last Saturday was the STATE Cheerleading Competition and OSU did an exhibition. It went well. Maylee and my mom went with me. Again, several people asked about my pregnancy. Maylee kept saying to this one lady, "He's not healthy, he's not healthy." I was trying to move away and later tried to explain that not everyone needs to know that Gabriel isn't healthy, but its almost like its unique and gets attention, so she wants to share it. Other times during the day, like when I'm trying to coach the team, she'll come over and un-zip my jacket and start kissing and talking to my belly. A little awkward, but so cute!
I'm realizing the hard part will be when people ask about the baby after the pregnancy is over. Right now, I can be honest and say, "I'm pregnant, I'm due June 3rd and its a Boy". Those are all true statements, but later, when someone says, "How's the baby?" I'll need to formulate my response...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



As I was with Amber at the state cheerleading competition, I was able to observe the greetings from others who not seen her for a year. You could tell the warm lingering hugs with comments like "How are you and Gabriel?" or "I have a book for you", or "I see Gabriel is getting a little bigger" were from those who knew your story. It is comforting when comments are made with that knowledge base. From your mom
ReplyDeleteHi, Amber, I'm so glad Gabriel has been active, what a fighter:) Keeping both of you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteHi Amber,
ReplyDeleteHeather forwarded your blog site. Just want you and Todd to know that Russ and I are carrying you and your family on our hearts. We will keep praying for you. I can't imagine what you are going through. But may God continue to be your strength.
Love, Marie Baker