Friday, March 5, 2010

Todd got a new job!

I just started reading the book, "I Love A Cop." Todd just got hired on as a Springfield Police Officer! Woo hoo! This will be an exciting adventure. I'm proud of him (TOTAL career change, though) :-)

I gave blood today for the Gestational Diabetes test.

When I found out about Gabriel's condition, I stopped doing all the things that I was doing for his benefit... like taking vitamins and avoiding caffeine and certain exercises, reading books (What to Expect & keeping track of my progress in a calendar). Slowly I've started trying to get back in those healthier habits.
I'm realizing that a lot of those things are for my benefit in addition to baby and I need to take care of myself too, but it is harder without the motivation of a healthy baby.

I tried for a long time to get pregnant this time. I loved being pregnant with Maylee, but couldn't remember a lot of the feelings and sensations that I had during that time, so I knew I wanted to document during this pregnancy. I was off to a good start until we got the sad news. I realize that even though Gabriel is not healthy, I am still pregnant. I still get to experience all the sensations of pregnancy and labor and delivery. I had no labor and a Cesarean with Maylee, so this is all new to me. At 39 weeks, she was breach, we tried an unsuccessful aversion and then a Cesarean later that day. So, no labor, braxton hicks, water breaking... Nothing... I felt jipped. When we thought this baby was healthy, we had decided to have another Cesarean because it was the safest for baby and easiest for our doctor. I know weird, but now, I'll get those experiences... maybe... We'll see how it goes, but without the concern for baby's health, Cesarean has very low likely hood. It's weird in all of this, there are very few risks to me.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you posted again. That is good for me to hear about how you are feeling about the pregnancy and getting back into healthier habits. You look so good and at the hospital when we were there with Heather, I mentioned to Deever how perky and cute you were.

    ReplyDelete