Saturday, March 20, 2010

PAC-10's


(28 weeks) At the end of each basketball season, I travel with the cheer team to LA for the Men's and Women's Basketball PAC-10 Tournament. It is right downtown LA and we walk to most everything.

The day before I left, I had a check-up with my doctor to make sure Gabriel and I were doing well enough to travel. Everything looked just fine. She mentioned that blood clots are a concern for flying pregnant women, so I should ask for the exit row and make sure to move my feet and legs around a lot. (On the way home, I asked for the exit row for my assistant coach and myself and the gal said, "How old are you ladies?" I said how old do we need to be?, she said, "15." Ha. Ha. Ha!!! I said well, I'm 35! Hillarious!

I had a PAC-10 Cheerleading Coaches meeting on Thursday morning at 7 AM. Unfortunately, the normal hotel we stay in couldn't accommodate all of the teams, so we were one of the lucky teams to stay at a hotel about five blocks further away. I had to get up early (after a departure from Eugene at 1:45 AM the night before) and get dressed professionally and then walk five blocks for a 7:00 AM meeting. It was beautiful and sunny and Lindsay (my asst. coach) was with me, but when I walk much, or fast, my lower abs start to strain painfully. It was a struggle to get there. It was a little of a struggle to get almost everywhere that week. I forget how much lugging around an extra 30 lbs. makes you work!

The first two games overlapped, so we had to split our team in half. The women won (beating UW) and then we rushed to finish the last part of the men's game with the other team, but we did not win (losing to UW). The next night we played UCLA and lost. Molly, the UCLA coach is pregnant as well. We had a quick fun little chat. We get to chat with each other about twice each year. There are so few people who share this common career...

Overall, it was a good trip and I'm glad I was able to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment