Friday, January 29, 2010

My Dream

I had a dream that I went into labor. My labor wasn't progressing, so they told me I had to have a D&E. (I never knew ANY of this terminology before this experience. A D&E is a dilate and extract. A D&C is a dilate and clean. The genetic counselor told us that if we chose to have either of these procedures that the baby would not be intact.) In my dream, I was devastated! I'm anxious to see Gabriel and hold him even if he is lifeless. Upon waking up, I was so thrilled to find I am still pregnant. I can feel him. He is alive. I still have a chance to see him and hold him.

1 comment:

  1. Amber,
    I know you were hesitant to post this "dream", but you did it well. I am so happy to read it and know you had joy in knowing he was alive.

    ReplyDelete