Maylee has such an amazing gift at saying the sweetest deepest comments. Here are a few.
1. The night that we found about Gabriel's condition, Maylee was crying in her bed and I went to lay with her and soothe her. She said, "I'm so glad that Grandma Ethel is in Heaven to take care of our baby. And her husband too. And he'll make breakfast for all them." Such a sweet visual.
2. One morning, Maylee climbed into bed with me to snuggle and she asked if she could try and feel Gabriel in my tummy. As she was pressing on my tummy, she says, "We are so lucky to have a baby that gets to go right up and be with God." She brings another perspective that I wouldn't have thought of on my own.
3. Another day, she asked where Gabriel was and I said that he was in my tummy and I reminded her of the scar I have where she came from (Caesarian). And she said, "Oh, that was my home for a little while and now Gabriel gets to use my home."
LOVE the precious insight of my daughter!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Maylee is amazing. She has just accepted this situation and sees it as special in your family, as it is. She IS a big sister, not only to Gabriel, but to so many others who she befriends and cares about.
ReplyDeleteMaylee says, "I love Gabriel so so much!"
ReplyDelete